Thursday, August 14, 2008

Plane Rides and Packing

That's what is happening here today.

Nolan is going on his first plane ride ~ Poppa takes the kids on a plane ride the summer that they are 7 yrs. old (from London to Toronto) and then to Chucky Cheese for lunch. It's a good deal for my dad and the kids -- bad deal for my mom. She has to leave well before the plane lifts off, to drive the 401 to Toronto (alone, I might add), where she picks up the boys at the airport, hops back in the car and goes to the worst restaurant ever for a sane adult. I don't think it's quite the exciting day for her as it is for the boys. But Granny's are like that.

What will I do while my 7 year old son enjoys the jet-setting lifestyle?? I'll be cleaning and packing for the weekend. We're heading north to beautiful Muskoka for the long weekend. Yep, I just admitted online that my house will be empty for the entire weekend. If I come home and find all my plastic jewelry and my old "ghetto-blaster" stereo gone, I'll know it's been one of you 4 who read my blog --and lucky for you, Donny, you're back in Ireland. Because I'd be pointing my finger your way first. The whole Atlantic ocean in between us is the only thing saving your hide.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm touched that I got an honourable or in this case dishonouralbe mention in your blog! I can picture it now. There was an ad that used to be on our TV. A girl walks out a house in a real flap then see's the guy who owns it. she explains she has just been to his house and the place has been ransacked and things are all over the place. The guy agrees with her when really his house is in that state all the time!!

    Have a great weekend. I might be looking into spending more time in Muskoka myself when we move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't bear to let Donny get all the attention even if he has a normal screen name and I don't.

    I am far more worried when I leave the house that there will be some plumbing, or construction or natural disaster. Humans are the LEAST of my concerns - though we've had our share of uninvited ones... fortunately they sneak in when we are HERE and only take non important things (like the van). Its only STUFF right?

    wow four kids and you still get invited places! I'm impressed. You must make those really good Squerins for your hosts - to get invited back.

    ReplyDelete