Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Back...


It has been a LONG while since I've written and I know you understand -- the whole new baby thing and all. Teddy is great -- I'll admit he's a bit of a fussy little guy but he's so cute, I can't blame him for wanting attention all the time. The good news is he's actually a great sleeper. So as long as he sleeps at night, I am very willing to hold, cuddle and smooch him in the day.
It's hard to believe he is 10 weeks old. Ten weeks has gone by?? Incredible how fast the summer goes, even MORE incredible how fast it goes when a new little one has come into the family.

Our summer has been lovely ~ not much exciting, wild or crazy....but if you count doctor's appointments, blueberry picking, picnics, laundry, beach days etc. as wild and crazy then I
am over the top!

Jack is a little troubling these days. Three year olds are so funny ~ but so busy. Here are two excerpts from recent (troubling) conversations....

Me: (looking at Jack's filthy feet) Jack, these are really dirty.
Jack: See that brown spot on my foot?
Me: You mean the dirt?
Jack: Yep. It's my power.
Me: Pardon me??
Jack: It's my power. Don't wash it off...you'll take away my power.
Me: Oh dear...

Next conversation...
Jack and Nate are sitting together one morning having coffee and reading Nate's "Fine Homebuilding Magazine"
Nate: Jack, look at these shop vac's.
Jack: I like the orange one.
Nate: Look at the prices of these -- I'm aghast.
Jack: No daddy, you're a carpenter.

4 comments:

  1. So glad youre back and feeling well!

    Really its been 10 weeks?? wow. crazy!
    And 3 yr. old musings? The best!

    Teddys pix is sooo cute, LOVE his smile!
    I would gladly come and cuddle him and smooch him all day for you since baby My wants to be on the floor all day away from me and my arms...ohhhh so sad. :(

    I hate the whole 1 year indep., don't wanna go in the ergo, don't wanna sit still with you, just wanna PLAY stage!!!
    SCREAM! NOT.FUN. (for me that is)

    Kay, rant over.. can I come and visit teddy? I think we would get along just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! 10 weeks- wow. he is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're back!! yay! and is that little baby the cutest ever, or what? I want to smooch him!
    jack just cracks me up. are we still on for arranged marriages, hmmm?
    (oh and it's me, darc, but i'm signed into another thingy and i'm too lazy to sign out and come back, so...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are going well and great to hear Jack is still...well.....Jack I guess!

    ReplyDelete