Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bad.

I'm a bad blogger. I really would rather read everyone else's than write my own these days. There isn't a whole lot of exciting news around here and so it feels like there isn't much to write about.

But who says blogging is all about big stuff? It generally isn't. It's the day-in, day-out sorta craziness we all endure that makes reading blogs so much fun. If every day I was writing about my wild and wonderful life, you wouldn't want to read that, would you?? (So today I went sky diving for the first time and yesterday my cooking date with a famous chef was just incredible and tomorrow, we leave for our 3 week trip on the yacht we just bought with our inheritance from crazy Aunt Hattie who died of creeping padangra while paddling her canoe through the amazon rain forest.) Boring! You were bored, weren't you??

So here's what's been going on in my world. It's certain to leave you breathless and begging for more.

Recipes. Remember how I was going to try 48 new ones this year? It's only the end of March and I'm on #33. Pretty good, eh? Here's a list of the keepers:
-Julia Child's Filet of Sole with Mushrooms and White Wine Cream Sauce. KILLER!
-Pioneer Woman's Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms. This is a wicked side dish. Try it.
-Cinnamon Bun Pancakes with Maple Syrup Icing....oh dear. I'm trembling just typing this one.

Now...here are the ones that need to be tossed out.
-Perfect Pound Cake. Is. Not. Perfect. You'd think that 1.5 cups of butter, 3 cups of sugar and 5 eggs would taste better than that. Dis-a-ppointing.
-Apple Pork Chops. Waste of time. (and pork)
-Caramel Apple Sauce (from the newspaper -- did not turn out...could be me.)

So that' me in the cooking department. Other than food, my life is filled with homeschooling, laundry, and cleaning. Really. Oh, and soccer. But seeing as I'm not actually playing soccer yet, just working at soccer...it's not that fun.

There's the update. Just try and calm down now. I know it's been a wildly exhilarating post to read so just make yourself a cup of tea, take three deep breaths and you should be fine in a few moments.

I'll be back again soon.

3 comments:

  1. I happen to LOVE the day to day stuff. I am so impressed that you cook such nice meals, by the way. I tend to go burritoes, spagetti, chicken, fish, soup. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you're back. i'm totally out of breath, too, after reading that...I DO want recipes..ok, actually, i just want the cinnamon bun pancake one, what can i say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers! You are doing amazing on the recipes and fantastic cooking!

    I have missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete