Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quick Post

For those of you who read this and don't live in my hometown, we have been getting more snow in the last week than I can remember. From what I've heard, the last big snow like this in our area was 1977!

Anyhow, last week the schools had three snow days in a row (I never had that going to school, ever) but of course, being the nerdy homeschooling mom that I am, we didn't get a snow day...not a single one. We just plowed right through working like busy little beavers. You see, I have this day-book for homeschooling and by this Thursday coming, we have some deadlines to meet. Ethan has to have completed Lesson 66 of his math, Grammar needs to be done etc...so there's no time for nonsense. I have things on a list that must be checked off (this is the Type A portion of my personality coming out...)

Anyhow, we've gotten over four feet of snow in the last week, actually, almost five feet. That's pretty darn good for balmy south-western Ontario. It's been a beautiful white wonderland out here and I have loved being "snowed in." Turns out I'm becoming a bit of a hermit. How can I tell? When I look ahead to a week and see that we don't have to be anywhere at any time and I sigh a huge sigh of relief. Officially a hermit. Sad but true!

If I don't post between now and then, have a very very Merry Christmas and may the blessings of this season remind you of the Greatest Blessing ever ~ the gift of a Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment