Monday, August 25, 2008

Girls Weekend

This weekend was Kylie's (my five year old daughter) first girls weekend. Annually, my mom, sister, sister in law and myself head to the great USA for some shopping. This year we took Kylie to see how she'd fare in the world of Target, Birch Run etc. And she did quite well -- for a five year old. We certainly tired her out and wore down her patience but all in all, she says she had a good time and I think she did.

The boys had a Boys Weekend while we were gone and went camping, biking, and swimming. Once she heard this when we got home, she told me that maybe next year she'd like to attend boys weekend. Not that she didn't have a good time, but boys weekend was definitely more appealing to her then walking in and out of stores looking at housewares and clothing. I can totally understand that and Nate was THRILLED! The fact that his daughter would chose activity over "retail therapy" made him beam with gratitude/pride that he is defeating the shopping gene that seems to have been passed from one generation of Penny girls to the next.

But remember, I told him, she's only five.

No comments:

Post a Comment