Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Little Helper


Today is a cleaning day - really exciting, I know. Its a change-the-beds, do-the-laundry, sweep-the-breezeway type of day. This is my little helper. You might wonder what he is doing in a sink that is full of water, fully clothed ~ he is doing the dishes. (Notice the mug on the left of him and I'm sure he is sitting on cereal bowls and spoons.)

Remember my post a few days ago about good friends?? One of my very good friends taught my son that doing dishes and playing in the sink is fun. She let her 2 year old and my 2 year old play at the sink one afternoon and they loved it. Now, I'm not blaming her for this ~ perhaps giving her the credit would be better.

As I write this, Jack is still sitting in the sink. I took the picture and thought I'd write a post before I drag his wet soggy body out of there (imagine how big his diaper will be now that he's been in there about 25 minutes!!). The thing is -- he's been very very happy for the last 25 minutes so rather than writing bad things about my dear friend, I'll thank her. It's been peaceful here this morning. Perhaps I'll add this to the list on all my cleaning days.

2 comments:

  1. What happened to todays installment? Did the dishes get cleaned? Did Jack's nappy weight 20lbs?
    Oh and another thing how do you get kids who don't actually go to school in 'back to school mode'?

    Oh and why did you delete someones reply to one of your posts?

    So many questions. How did I get the problem of not being able to respond to your blog fixed?

    Tune in next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute! he is such a big boy now. don't you love how kids love to 'help' at this age, and then when they're big enough to really help..it's no longer that exciting. :) miss you
    ooh, i want to know what comment you deleted too. i had to do that once, but i can't remember what it said now.

    ReplyDelete