Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's Thursday morning ~ before the kids are up. I'm sitting here with my cup of tea, all alone. And I don't really have anything exciting to say...not even anything un-exciting to say. This week has gone by quickly (don't they all??) -- Nate heads out on another canoe trip tonight leaving me with the kids for the weekend.

Normally I wouldn't sleep well with out him here. I'd try and stay up late and every noise I hear would be a bad guy rather than the skunk that regularly visits the breezeway for snacks from the recycling bin. I'd probably even pull the canoe-paddles off the walls in the kids bedroom just in case I have to beat some bad guy over the head. But not this time...oh no, I have a plan. (And it's not hiring the skunk to stay outside the house all night long...)

My friend's husband is also going on the canoe-trip -- so the girls are staying together! Jo and I will be home with 5 kids, watching chick-flicks, painting our toes and (of course) chatting till all hours. So don't feel bad for me about my husband-less weekend...I'm sure I'll survive!

The big question is what nail polish colour to choose...have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm on my way. I'm in the mood for purple polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on! There's room for you and the three girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would if I could...;) and what a blast all those kids would have together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I'll give this one a miss! How come it says on facebook you are preparing for a canoe trip yet I come here to find out about said canoe trip only to find some nonsense about nail polish and chick flicks.
    I just hope Jack gets hold of the polish just to make the weekend more exciting to read about later!

    ReplyDelete