Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nothin' Much

The last few days have been somewhat busy and I haven't had time to sit down and write about it. So in a nutshell, here's whats been going on....

Last weekend was the championship tournament for our London Sistas in Soccer league. The tournament ran from Friday evening to Sunday and was a huge hit. This was the first time we'd ever done this in the league and I expect we'll do it again next year. The bonus to the whole weekend (other than perfect soccer weather) was that my team won our division! Yeah for Orange Passionfruit Tea! If I get a pic of our team after the final game, I'll post it so you can see us in all our glory....orange and hot pink jerseys with matching orange and hot pink striped socks -- it's divine.

After the tournament there was a host of other things -- bridal shower, archery lessons, home-schooling (no more tears since day 2 ---dang it...I'll try harder) and of course, the typical antics from Jack.

Now I'm doing the cleaning and packing before we leave for a back country canoe trip (sans l'enfants). Nate and I will head to Minden with 2 other couples for a weekend in the woods -- it should be a great time provided the sun comes out and stays out like it's supposed to.

So that's it -- pretty dull and sorta back to the "my fridge stinks" level of blogging you'll come to expect. Oh, I did light my own hair on fire this week. Totally true -- you should see my hair and my eyelashes. Ya know when they put the warning on the box of matches that says "Close match box before lighting."?? It's important to do that for a very good reason. I'd tell you about it but you'd never believe me.

I'm hoping we're done with hair-burning, spearing and other such nonsense -- although my eldest son is doing the archery thing and it's a bit scary when he and Nate are out there firing arrows in our backyard. Here's hoping the neighbours aren't out when one goes sailing over the fence...

5 comments:

  1. yikes! how much hair are you missing? Should I bring you a hat tomorrow morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I insist on photographic evidence of the damage fire has caused for 2 reasons. 1. It will show an example to others what can happen if fire is played with. 2. It is only fair that if poor Jack gets photographed for his minor indescretions so should you.

    The canoedling...sorry canoe trip sounds great hope you have a great time. I myself was out experiencing nature last weekend in the Mountains of Mourne you may have seen the pics. weather wasn't great but it picked nad there is no better place to be than outdoors.
    Is it legal to do archery in your back yard? sounds pretty dangerous to me.
    You still have not said who and for why you deleted a post from the blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright....I deleted my own comment. One of my readers wrote a comment and so I decided to post my response and then thought, "What if she doesn't read the comments on my blog? She'll never know what I said." Then I sent her an email instead. So the mystery is really rather boring...I deleted myself. It'd have been much more interesting if I'd had a nasty or inappropriate comment ~I'm sure you would have enjoyed that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the sistas..i miss the sistas..can i have a pair of socks? just joking. :) ok, that is rather sad that the mysterious comment ended up to be YOU..yes, i must insist on pics of the hair burning too..this is too fun to pass up. come on, pics pics pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you wish you could have kept that little "mystery" a secret as i feel really let down, I would have much rathered hear that it was your facebook stalker.
    Ah well.

    I'm starting a facbook group pics of what happens when you play with fire and you should know better. You must be the CEO.

    ReplyDelete