Saturday, October 4, 2008

Apple Land


We went to Apple Land today. Why, in the name of all things good and wise, did I go to Apple Land on a sunny Saturday afternoon?

I'm a homeschooling mom, for heaven's sake. I could easily take the kids on a Tuesday morning when the place is dead. But no, my brain left me momentarily and I went when all the rest of London and surrounding area decided to go as well.

The place was crazy, line ups everywhere -- the cashier, the pies, the baskets to put your apples in, the dang train ($2 a person?? get real.)...you name it, there was a line for it.

I love apples and normally, I love Apple Land but this was ridiculous. I know it's all my fault, I chose unwisely and must live with the consequences. I can accept that. But $13.50 for a small bag of apples is bit much...do they up the prices on weekends??

At least we got an apple crisp for dessert out of the deal. And yes, I doubled the butter and it made all the difference.

3 comments:

  1. Back home we have something called an Orchard that my be something similar to an Appleland but by the sounds of it not as many line ups. Whats with trying to make an orchard into a theme park anyway? Actually my next blog will be on prices of things here.
    Grow your own must be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bushel bag of (macintosh) apples (small ones mind you... perfect for lunches and applesauce and apple crisp) at Trail's end last weekend was $5. Took about 2 minutes for the entire transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. argh..i hate it when i do that..go when the crowds are crazy. we always try to avoid that, and once in a while, what, do we forget?? yuck. oh yum, the apple crisp would have made it worth it though!

    ReplyDelete