Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Birthday


Kylie turned 6 yesterday. If you've read an earlier post, you'd know that this birthday was not an easy one to work with. Kylie is a very lovely little girl but she had no idea what she wanted for her birthday and I had no idea what to get the poor thing either. I'm sure you're dying to know what we got her...so here's the list.

1. A dollar store note pad.

2. The camouflage robe I told you about. (She loved it...had it on this morning.)

3. A pair of sweat-pants (she told me 2 days before that this was what she absolutely wanted.)

4. A little horse stable toy from TSC.

She was thrilled. She played with the horse stable and put on the sweat pants immediately. My mom takes each child shopping on their birthday so she also received a big camouflage safari truck from the toy store. How girly...but she did pick it out herself. She and the boys have played with it every possible moment today.

I also wanted to say that I loved the cook book and measuring cup idea, so I gave that one to my sister and she'll be giving it to Kylie this weekend. Thanks to all of you that shared ideas. It was a fun little party (just me and Nate and the kids) and she couldn't have been happier with her birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I only checked you blog yesterday and today I find 3 new postings! crazy. Glad Kylie loved her presents but a smidgen let down you did not take my ideas seriously. ah well maybe next year.
    I bought some camoflauge duck tape if she would like some of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must know... is the picture an import? if not, where did you find the pure white plate, table, chair and background? Are there any cupcakes left?

    ReplyDelete