Monday, November 10, 2008

The Big News

Okay, here it is...I'm pregnant...again.

I'm afraid that there really isn't much to say about it. The deed is done. I'm nauseous and tired.

The most fun part of this pregnancy so far has been the reactions of those I have told. From shock and speechlessness to the rolling of eyes and tears, it has been a rather entertaining experience for me.
The first, second and may be even third time you announce that you are expecting, people are thrilled in a warm and wonderful way. The excitement is real, tangible and contagious. In my experience, however, the reactions to announcements about #4 and #5 change dramatically. Most people look at you, take a step back and pause before they say a word. Once they have recovered the ability to speak they say something like, "You know what causes this, don't you??"

Oh, ho, ho, there's a comedian in every crowd.

So yes, we know how it happens. When it happens -- may be not so much. Here's an excerpt from a past conversation...

Nate: "Like, where are you in the "cycle"?
Me: I don't know...what's the moon doing these days?
Nate: It's waxing.
Me: That sounds good.
Nate: You're sure it's safe??
Me: Oh yeah, when the moon waxes we're all good.

Obviously we are a little irresponsible with the family planning. But really, once the shock wears off we are all good. And the baby will be arriving in June sometime. So there you have it, the big news.

7 comments:

  1. ERIN!! YAY!! I'm so excited for you, and to be honest, I always felt you'd at least get to number 5!! I can only imagine the comments you deal with as we are only on number two, but because they are only going to be 22 months apart (Which personally, I wanted it that way!) people think we are crazy! And that is just number 2! so I can imagine the comments you get to deal with!! But I know God is smiling and is just excited to see your family growing!
    Congrats...and if you ever want to talk morning sickness...i'm there...week 14 and sickness still going strong...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWEY!!! I know when we were expecting #3 my sister had a hard time making sure that she said "Congratulations", instead of what she was thinking "On purpose?" I also heard a good line from a mother of 6 when she was asked (by a complete stranger) "Are these all yours? How many do you want?"... she replied, "All of them!"

    All the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! How wonderful to have another addition to your family....a "surprise" in the absolute best sense of the word! What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Good Luck to you I say! jsut wanting to know do you get a goevernment grant when you have a complete classroom with this home school business?

    Oh and I think you have provided a litle too much information for me in this blog. There is me out trying to take pictues of the moon, I'll never be able to do it properly again! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two seem to have a perfect recipe for babies and the world is a better place with more Westons.
    Welcome baby Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoohoo! aww, i missed the big announcement..but whoohoo!! you know i'm all about big families:) i'm so so happy for you. (minus the puke's of course). lve you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that's what I get for not checking your blog everyday!!!

    I am ALWAYS going to be your #1 fan for having babies missy, so you should have told me!!
    Anyhow, I am leaving you with my very favorite responses to being asked THE questions.

    ~No, we plan to keep going 'till we get an ugly one!

    ~Yes, they're all mine! Yes, I have my hands full! Yes, I know what causes it! Yes, I'm glad it"s me and not you, too!

    ~Don't ask me if I'm getting fixed, clearly nothing's broken!

    ~I make beautiful babies; what's your superpower?

    ~Yes we know what causes it and we love doing it!
    luv,sher xo

    ReplyDelete