Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finally...

Okay...the moment you've been waiting for. I really hope, actually, that you haven't been waiting...I hate to keep people waiting. I have excuses for why it has taken so long for me to upload some pics...but you probably don't want to hear them. So here we go....

This is the first pic of our 2008 Halloween Costumes....

1, 2, 3 of these....and....

One of these!

Did you guess? If you figured out (despite my terrible sewing) that they were the three little pigs and the big bad wolf, you're right! You get the prize! I won't say another word....the pics do all the talking...

A couple of nights before Halloween, Nate came home to find the kids running around the house in the costumes. He had to leave quick because he had a hockey game. But when he came back the kids were already in bed. Here's the conversation that followed...

Me: Hey, did you win?
Nate: No, but I need to talk to you.
Me: Okay, what's up?
Nate: It's about the costumes...
Me: Oh, really? What is it?
Nate: Ummmm....they are HORRIBLE!
Me: (gasp) Really?? Like Horrible-horrible?? Oh no...
Nate: I thought I should be the one to tell you...
Me: Oh dear...like really that bad?
Nate: Bad. Dorky. What were you thinking??

I laughed my head off....I was thinking....dorky, actually. See, I'll get to use these photos in my kids wedding reception power point presentations and the thought of them being horrified about it makes me giggle with glee. I'll keep making the costumes if they'll keep wearing them...even by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

4 comments:

  1. Nate might have a point but full marks for creativity using all the kids in one story thats good! Oh and I really like the dramatic pic of the wolf chasing the pigs. so its not all bad. What was the word on the street? let me guess...."isn't that just the cutest thing you ever did see" "look at the rabbits and the dog"
    I could go on but I won't. Well done anyway and i bet the kids don't care as long as they have bags full of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, those costumes are so so hilarious! i love them, and i'm very impressed that you made them! i had to read the blog post to mark and we both laughed so hard at your conversation with nate. i remember our first Bible study with you guys, at your house, and afterwards saying to mark, 'you can SEE how in love they are by how they just crack each other up!' talking about you two. :) miss you guys! darci

    ReplyDelete