Saturday, January 17, 2009

Too Much Information

Everyone has quirks and quarks. Indeed I do as well. So I thought I would admit to the world (or the portion of it that reads this blog) what mine are. These are the things you wouldn't know about me unless you were me, or lived with me.

1. I don't always recycle. I know this is not a real thrilling bit of information, but it's true. I will knowingly throw a pop can in the garbage because I am too lazy to take it out to the recycle bin. The reason I'm admitting this one is because every time I do it, I have a twinge of guilt, so perhaps by admitting it aloud, I'll find some relief.

2. I sleep in my clothes. Pajamas are just a big waste of time. If I am wearing clothes before I go to bed, why would I change into OTHER clothes to get into bed. So generally, what I'm wearing that day is what I'm snoozing in at night, with the exception of blue jeans and that itchy wool turtleneck sweater I own. Weird, I know.

3. I think I'm obsessed with my vacuum cleaner. I can't tell so may be you can help me out with this one. Is it strange for a person to vacuum 3 or more times per day? If I'm a little obsessive/compulsive about this one, I'm ready to face it. I can live with this thorn in my flesh.

4. I can't stand music playing in the van. I can barely tolerate it playing in the house. The only place I like it is church. The reason for this one is simple: it is just more noise. My friend's husband (aka Tradesman) once told me his reasoning on this one...something he read about. He said that to some people music is more than just music, it's like another language being spoken, and so when there is already people speaking, some find music irritating because it's like two languages being heard at once. I think it had something to do with being a musical genius, so that sorta cancels me out of this scenario, but it was fascinating nonetheless.

5. I just recently purchased a label maker and it's becoming similar in status to my vacuum. I have labeled many things and the joy that it brings me is....disturbing. My kitchen cupboards are dreamy -- everything labeled and organized. I even labeled my husband the other day. If there's something wrong with me, you'll tell me, right?? Or, if you'd like to borrow it, I would happily part with it for a few hours and share the joy. Just so you don't judge me before you have all the information, just take a look:
Can you see all the little silver labels?? Are you feeling a twinge of envy?? :) Here's a close up:

I wish I could say that was all the quirks I had ~ not true, my friends. These are the ones I'm willing to share...

10 comments:

  1. Oh Erin- you crack me up! I have to admit two of your quirks are mine...I, too, sometimes knowingly do not recycle due to laziness, however, when I bring the garbage out and it's heavy I think, "Man, it would be lighter if I threw those glass jars in the recycling!"
    Also, I wear pajama bottoms or jogging pants to bed most of the time, but most days I wear whatever shirt I was wearing that day to bed as well as long as it's not super restricting. I'm with you- why make more laundry for ourselves??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Crazy!

    who needs to vaccum 3 times a day? I also feel guilty if I don't recycle so in general I try to make sure I do.
    The Pj thing is nuts, Tara does it too. I just don't get it these are clothes you have went around in all day, get em' off a get some fresh air about ye!
    I am living in a labelled home right now....Why do you need labels to put things back where they belong?
    I say FERMI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dizzy with jealousy over that label maker....your cupboards make me woozy with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I want to know is WHAT label did you put on your husband. It would be so hard to choose the exact letters to type into the labeller... and then I might have to change the label every few minutes as I thought up a new one. (almost as much fun as facebook status's)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also neglected to comment on the music thing. I don't mind music playing in a car if I know where I am going very well and I am not talking. In fact I find it really annoying people who don't know where they are going or are just new drivers, jump in their car and pump up the volume. I think it is almost like DUI. But maybe thats just me.
    It is a distraction in fact I even found myself in the past year never listening to the radio in the car at all.

    My verification word today is "trypo" is that a typo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say that those cupboards do look dreamy!
    I want to be just like you when I grow up!

    Now as for the vacumming, it does sound a little crazy if its the whole house...we do have to do our big kitchen area 2 to 3 times a day...doesn't mean we always do, but in a perfect world, we would.

    I, like Liver girl, want to know what labels you put on Nate...hmmm
    ~hunk of burning love?
    ~cutie patootie?
    ~Chief?
    ~Hottie?
    ~Chief Hottie?
    Do tell!!

    Before anyone gets any ideas that I might have a thing for "outdoorsman" These just happen to be the first things that popped into my head when imagining my very own shiny label maker and a very cute tradesman I happen to know standing within close range of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing. Dawnelle and I are both labeling addicts, too. My husband jokes that if there were a fire I'd grab the kids, the photos, & the labelmaker.

    Clever post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll tell you what is twisted, Erin. The NEATNESS of your kitchen cupboards. Looking at the photos was not good for my self esteem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete