Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nesting


Ah, spring! The desire to clean and organize comes to me with the good weather. However, this spring I'm doubly interested in spring cleaning. With each pregnancy, I've forced Nate into some small redecoration, renovation or the like. This time around is no different. Here are the symptoms I'm having --

You know you're nesting when:

1. You fantasize about cleaning behind the freezer. (I have a deep desire to pull everything out of the laundry room, paint the concrete floor with a high gloss paint and then organize the whole room.)

2. You can't believe it's taken you this long to notice that the caulking in the shower needs to be redone. (I asked Nate last night how hard it is to take off old caulking....he casually answered, "No problem, you just need a sharp knife." Then he paused and looked at me and said, "Wait....no. It's really really hard to do." But I was already looking for the knife...)

3. Everything in the house needs a good scrubbing. From the kids to the baseboards to the bed frames.

So project number one commences today. The boy's room is being repainted and reorganized. I can't tell you how thrilled I am. My dear sister-in-law who is a painter by trade is coming this morning to start on the walls....I told her I have enough work to keep her busy for a week. I can hardly wait to get started!!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh, I love the nesting hormone...I am so jealous!!

    I wish we could just bottle it up and then whenever we need it, it's just a big swig away!

    Have fun!! That little babe will be so pleased with all your cleaning and redecorating...lol.

    ReplyDelete