Sunday, April 26, 2009

Movie gets 2 Thumbs up...

Taking Jack to the movies was far better than I imagined. He was delightful -- and very eager to sit and eat a snack in a big theatre. He kept saying over and over again, "Mommy, that's a really BIG TV!"
The Earth movie was worth seeing as well -- it was great footage of the three animal families plus way more. And how can you go wrong when the narrator is James Earl Jones. Now that's a good voice.

Jack just sat on his little booster seat in the theatre, eating his Skittles and telling me every time a different animal came on the screen..."That's a big bird, my dad will shoot it." or "That's a big shark, my dad will shoot it." Whatever it was, it should have been living in fear of Nate. (Not that Nate has actually ever shot an animal -- for all the hunting gear in the basement.) The people sitting in front of us must think that our family hates wild creatures!

There was a few scenes of a predatory nature -- no surprise there but they never showed anything bloody. I thought Jack might be bothered by the little baby caribou being chased by the wolf, but he just loudly proclaimed, "Look, Mom, the wolf bite him!! My dad would shoot that wolf."

All in all, I was very pleased, both with the movie and Jack's behaviour...at least for now.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great movie!

    I'm starting to wonder what Nate does in his spare time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee..nate the mighty hunter! i love how kids think mom and dad can solve all the problems! how are you my friend? keep meaning to get on email and type a nice long letter..but here i am, finally catching up on blog world..lov eyou darci

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ "my dad will shoot it." So. Cute.

    ReplyDelete