Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day


This afternoon I'm taking the kids to see a movie for Earth Day. I think it's just called "Earth" ~ it's the story of three animal families (whale, elephant and polar bear) and how they survive. My biggest concern about the whole thing is taking Jack. Not sure what he'll do and if I'll end up seeing much of the movie or not. I figure if I get a big enough popcorn bucket, he should sit still for a while.

I have to admit that he is a very funny child. Not just him, but his age as well. Three is very fun. I like three a lot. Much better than 2 and WAAAAAAY better than 18 months. The things that come out of his mouth are funny and at times, rather embarrassing.

My Grandma was down for Easter and he went up to her and said, "You have a big belly ~ you have a baby in there?" Thankfully dear Grandma is as easy-going as they come and she simply replied, "Nope, I just eat too much." That seemed to satisfy him.

He was in my room the other morning as I was getting dressed and he said, "Mom, you have a really big bum." What do you say to that?? I replied, "Yeah, I guess I do." He looks at me and says, "I like big bums. You have big bum, Daddy has a big bum, Ethan has a big bum." So if I'm in the big bum category with my skinny 10 year old son Ethan, I can handle that. Perspective is everything.

Happy Earth Day!

4 comments:

  1. teehee! I loved that whole post..i always end up laughing. :) oh, good to hear three is coming..i'm AT teh 18 month stage. oh, and when i was preggers with ezri, HUGE, naked after a bath, sammy looked at me with adoration and said "oh mommy, i just love your whole big self"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so bad, Hope is more taken by "boobies" heard the word once and now it is in use at every possible or impossible occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee ho ho ho!! :)

    Don't ya just love the stuff they say!! I agree, 3 is just SO very entertaining!

    You didn't love the 18 mnths and 2 stage??! Really?
    I love those years, still cherub cheeked babies and yet coming into little people stage. So fun!

    I'm just weird I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete