Monday, December 14, 2009

Dinner with Friends


On Saturday night we went out for dinner with a bunch of friends. It was a great night ~ loads of laughter and good food. Conversation moved from one topic to another quite quickly but I have to admit that my favourite bit of it was when I mentioned the television painter Bob Ross.

Not sure if you know who Bob Ross is but I was amazed at the light that went on in people's eyes when I mentioned him. It was hilarious. The next twenty minutes at the restaurant was spent chatting about "Happy little trees", "there are no mistakes, just happy accidents" and his list of colours..."We'll start with a little raw sienna and blend in yellow ochre."

If you don't know who he is, then none of this will make any sense to you, but if you've been mesmerized with his half hour show of painting then you're actually in good company.

I'm considering ordering a t-shirt ~ turns out he has a great website. Who knew??

1 comment:

  1. I remember Bob Ross! He had that hypnotic, sing-songy voice that made me sleepy and want to follow him to the ends of the earth, all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete