Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Let it flow...

Sorry I haven't blogged for a bit. We were away last weekend with my whole side of the family at this great indoor waterpark in Michigan. It was very nice, quite new, and a whole lot of fun for all of us. It had two big waterslides, a tiny pool for little guys, several mini waterslides, and a lazy river.

My fave was the lazy river. I just floated along on a tube with my 8 month old son sitting in my lap. It was wonderful. Until my four other children would sneak up on me and attack. Thankfully they never dumped me out of my tube -- baby boy was insurance that that was not going to happen. There are 18 of us on my side of the family ~ so picture 18 of use trying to go down the "lazy" (read: wild crazy laughter, splashing and screeching) river together -- holding on to one another's tubes without letting go. The poor lifeguards were NOT nearly as thrilled as we were by our fun.

After eating out for several meals, I did not feel so good. I'm not complaining 'cause I did it to myself. Who can resist the homemade buns and sweet butter at the Lone Star Saloon restaurant? And who, pray-tell, can resist the warm garlic bread sticks and salad at Olive Garden? It's just not possible. So while I may have burned a host of calories splashing, swimming and playing at Splash Universe, I probably gained every single one of them back (plus more!) with the meals we devoured. Swimming makes ya hungry!!

Now that we're back home and into the regular swing of things, my eight month old sweetie has decided to cut another tooth. This child could NOT possibly drool any more than he already is. My sweet husband wanted to buy him a neoprene pair of jammies! It pours out his mouth. It got so bad tonight, we made him look like a little cowboy by tying a Bounty papertowel around his neck like a little necker-chief. Cute, durable and quite absorbent.

That's life here....hope yours is a bit more...dry.

2 comments:

  1. The water park sounds like a ball with your family!!

    So glad you enjoyed the eating...seriously who could resist?
    Vacations are all about the calories and butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that kind of swimming pool, especially with a baby..just 'rolling, rolling, rolling down the river' (sorry, mark is a huge CCR fan)

    ReplyDelete