Monday, April 26, 2010

Too Much Moxie

On Saturday night, He-Who-Cannot-Be-Mentioned and I went on a date. A real date. No kids. Just the two of us. I know, I know...a shocker!

It was fun! Despite my sister's teasing that we'd have nothing to say to one another and would stare blankly at each other from across the table, we surprisingly had tonnes to talk about, catch up on, analyze and laugh at.

We started with dinner at Moxies.

Can I just tell you right now that there seems to be an epidemic in downtown London on Saturday nights? It scares me...it could be contagious. Beware.

It seems that women -- no matter age, size, shape, socio-economic status or shoe size are FORGETTING TO PUT ON THEIR PANTS.

I felt like running up to Talize, buying a bunch of pants in several sizes and handing them out to these poor souls who left the house in such a hurry that they forgot to put on some bottoms.

It's almost like they realized it, took off their headband and put it on as a skirt.

I've come to know that when at Moxies, the "hostessing" staff at the front door tend to be a little scantily clad. The girl seating us had to tug, tug, tug at her (Lu-Lu Lemon headband turned skirt) bottoms the entire time she walked us to the table.

I don't want to see your bum, sweet pea.

But it got worse. I know I sound like an old fuddy-duddy right now, but I am honestly shocked that so many women would stand in front of the mirror before they left and think that a skirt that barely covers your bum WHEN STANDING would be in any way a comfortable thing to walk or sit in. And it's the tugging...the constant tugging that bothers me.

As customers walked by our table to get to their own, I saw more flesh than I ever cared to see in one evening. Flesh here, flesh there, flesh everywhere. And not just legs and bums. Boobs and cleavage in all shapes and sizes.

And what was I wearing? I'll have you know that I looked like a total homeschooling geeky mom. I was covered from chin to toe. I had on a turtle neck sweater and a pair of jeans...and socks...and shoes. And I was totally the odd one out. By far I was wearing reams and reams more fabric than most women in that restaurant.

I digress. The point has been made. I am appalled by the current fashion trend.

But back to the date. We had a lovely dinner (as in the food) at Moxies and then headed to Chapters (we both love hanging out there and reading for free!) for a while before we returned home to free our babysitter from the five freaky kids.

All in all, it was a fabby night out on the town. I'm sure we'll do it again in the next 8 to 10 months.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes!

    Reminds me of our double date to "The Honest Lawyer" years ago! I was glad that our men went in the back door as to not have to introduce them to the barely-dressed-look-at the goods-I don't really know what size I am-hostess we had.

    You are far more secure than I...I avoid places like that at all costs!

    Rather than the all you can "look at" buffet I prefer the sit down I am all that's on the menu kind of joints!

    Glad you guys had a great time anyway! Woodsmen, ahem, I mean he-who-cannot-be-mentioned was probably far too busy staring into your eyes to be distracted by all those headbands slash skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is the reason i will not go to Moxie's with Sam...lol. I'm pretty sure all these girls who are not wearing much do not have to hold babies all day, because if you are holding a baby and your pants/shirt/anything doesn't fit, you are bound to give everyone around you a show when you bend, turn, or have a little hand yank down your shirt. Not that I am speaking from experience or anything...lol.

    ReplyDelete