Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why I Love Spring

1. Clothes on the line. So totally therapeutic to me AND now that our Smart Meter is installed, so very frugal.

2. BBQ. This opens up a whole new world of cooking fun.

3. Windows open. I can see my curtains billowing with the breeze.

4. Birds singing. When Big Liver Girl and I go running early in the morning the robins are awake and singing their little hearts out.

5. Kids outside. They are out there every waking moment they can be. The mess is out there. Love it.

6. Flowers -- I can see them popping their little heads out these days. My tulips are almost in bloom.

7. More daylight. I'm loving that we can bike at 8 pm and it's safe!

8. Bikes -- last night was my first bike ride of the season. It was beautiful but a tad bittersweet, as it only takes about 4 minutes sitting on a bike seat to remember that it takes several hours of sitting on a bike seat before it's comfortable.

9. Soccer -- just a few weeks away.

10. Gardening. I cannot wait to order mulch. I love the smell of fresh mulch.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! And what time do you get up to run, I am SO impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3, 5, & 6

    I'm with ya...some of the best things about spring!

    ReplyDelete