Friday, October 22, 2010

Grateful.


It's been a really long time...again. Sorry about that.

So much has happened. I don't even know where to begin. Little things have happened and big things have happened. You won't believe what's gone on here, the things Jack has said, the stuff we've done. (Is it bad when your four year old son calls you Toots?? I think so too.)

We'll start with the big stuff.

We moved. We sold our house and bought a new one in a whirlwind situation. A good whirlwind, if there is such a thing.

Nutshell version: We told our family we thought we'd put our house up for sale in the fall. My brother mentioned a friend that he thought might be interested in buying our place. We contacted this friend and his wife. They came over and we showed them our place. We sat and chatted and ate brownies and icecream. They left. The next day they called to say they'd take it.
(I think it was the brownies ~ they were that great mix from Costco.)

We had seen a place we liked on the MLS. Went to see it. Put an offer on. It was accepted. We moved about 22 days later. Like I said, whirlwind. But it was awesome.

So here I am, typing away in my new house. We haven't been here two weeks and we love it. LOVE. IT. It has been so great for all of us. The Unmentionable One has had a hard time returning to work because he loves being here. How great is that? (Except when it comes time to pay the bills, then it might not be so great.)

Every morning I have woken up grateful. Grateful for what God has done for us. This is totally from Him. Grateful that we get to live here. Grateful for the space.

And since moving here, some interesting things have happened and I've learned a few things too...here they are:

-I've learned to chop wood
-I've used a dishwasher in my own home for the first time. And I wonder why the heck I never had one of these amazing inventions of mankind before. What was I thinking?
-I've learned to drive a four-wheeler and have taken my kids for rides in the bean field behind our house
-I've met our new neighbours who brought over a home-made apple pie. As if!
-I've had the mayor pop by just to say hi and welcome to the neighbourhood (what planet am I on??)

So that's what has been happening here. In another post, I'll show you some pics of our new place so you can see where it is we live.

And if you're in the area, feel free to pop in.

5 comments:

  1. mostly my heart is happy that you are HOME, but its a bit sore too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Toots!! (teehee). oh wow, i am S"O excited for you guys! can't wait to see pix and hear more..how incredible that God worked it out so smoothly..that's when you can really feel peace, hey? I am thrilled for all of you! (especially about the apple pie...yum). love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO great! I cannot believe you didn't have a dishwasher- with all those kids? Cannot wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh er, this is SO amazing how it worked out! Obviously orchestrated by God!

    I know how long you have waited for a place out in the country and how much you guys have looked forward to more space. His timing is always SO perfect isn't it?!

    Could not be happier for you all!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you guys and we are still planning on coming by sometime, have any apple pie left? :)

    And I'm so glad that God did bless you with all the space, I really do envy you that yard!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete