Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Learning Curve

My brain is tired. I just got a new computer and I am trying to learn all the new things that come with switching from PC to Mac. It's so sad that all my settings, saved passwords, book-marks, favourites etc. are all gone and slowly have to be added back into my online life. Not to mention the documents, pictures and other items that have to be moved from one computer's memory to another. It's a lot of work and I don't really like it.

Along with the new system comes a whole new batch of lingo. The saleslady asked us "Do you like to use a track pad?" Hmmm....there was an awkward pause until she added, "Or do you want to use a mouse?" The light went on, the track pad is the mouse pad in Old English. No longer is it a picture file, it's an event file. I'll never again save programs to my desktop --I'll have them on my dock. PC is my old self and I have metamorphisized into a Mac user. It's all new -- and the learning curve is big.

I think I need a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Why would you ever move to a mac? Do you think it is just a coincidence that they are called 'Apple' and an apple was the fruit that caused the fall of man? Trust me stay away from apple and their monoply. I am totatlly anti apple kack. I hate companies who try to have a monoply on anything a bit like microsoft but again there are so many other programs out there which mean you do not have to rely on microsoft as much. But apple has been the quickest and worst of all the electronic monoplies.

    Run Run away you still have time and a warranty!

    have a nap and reconsider whoever told you to turn to apple is league with evil....

    you heard it here first.

    ReplyDelete