Friday, November 21, 2008

Good News

Uncle Alec is doing great. He's out of the ICU and moving forward in his recovery. So it looks like the trip to Hamilton is off due to the nasty storm but hopefully the shopping trip is still happening.

There's nothing like a family emergency to get you thinking. The cool thing was to watch Nate's family snap into action the moment they were needed. That's what family is for. People driving long distances at all hours just to be there. People covering for each other, watching dogs on short notice, making phone calls to cancel plans, hair appointments, etc. One family member had 17 others over for dinner short notice because they all needed something to eat and a break from sitting in a hospital.

I think it's an extraordinary thing, family is. You may not see each other for ages and yet when someone is in need, everything is dropped just to be of help, support and encouragement. I'm so grateful that I am a part of one that would do the same for me...everyone should be so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. That's great to hear Uncle Alec is on the up. How do you know the family would do the same thing for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news to hear about your Uncle! Praise the Lord.
    I am glad you realize the blessing you have with your family...because everyone is not so fortunate. I find comfort in the fact that my kids will hopefully always have family on their side, and I feel blessed that I can provide that for them. I've only met one side of your family, but they are pretty great.

    ReplyDelete