Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taffy Should Stay A Thing of the Past


Alright, I'm not doing it. NOT because I'm a coward, but because none of you have tried it and can tell me what a pleasure it was.

I looked it up online and found this one recipe that scared me to death. I quote...

Step One: First, lay down several painter’s cloths, taping the edges to protect every inch of your floor.

Step Two: Next, sprinkle a light layer of flour over the painter’s cloths—this will help keep everyone’s shoes from sticking to the cloths when the inevitable spills occur.

Step Three:Finally, tape down some wax paper over the table or countertop where you plan to start your taffy pull.

Can you believe this?? Okay, I haven't even pulled a pot out of the drawer and I'm already a half hour into this ordeal? Forget it. Taffy is dead to me. I'm not even sure I like the stuff anyhow.



4 comments:

  1. that is funny! what kind of superwoman would do this sort of thing??
    oh yes, let me just get the painter's cloths we keep handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you check out the picture? Clearly superwomen at work! Kinda makes the ideal a little less interesting to aim for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh go on don't be a bore! Surely with all these protectiver measures in place what could go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. after doing some research into pulling taffy and I have just noticed something. The machines used to pull taffy (factory style) are ever present in Frankenmuth. So I reckon you should pack up the family for an excursion. You could do Bronners (something like that spelling) Frankenmuth for Chicken dinners, cheese and Taffy, then if you are really adventurous the outlets down the road.

    ReplyDelete