Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birthdays and such...


Birthdays are a big part of the fall and winter for my side of our family. Starting from the beginning of October right past Christmas, there seems to be a birthday every other week.

On Sunday we celebrated Ethan's 10th birthday and my brother in law Grant's, 33rd birthday. Ethan is super easy to buy for. Pick out some Lego and you're all set...or as in the pic above, a new bow.

We sent Ethan to camp 2 summers ago and he signed up for archery. When I worked at camp years ago, archery was the worst assignment you could get as a counselor...so dull. But this kid was thrilled with it. We bought him a cheap little bow and he loved to shoot. He took a few lessons through our home school group. Then we found a place with super cheap lessons and the rest is history. He's hooked. And when he opened his birthday gift to find a "real" bow...well, the pic tells the story. He was just a little bit excited about it.

The scariest thing about the whole deal is not putting a bow and arrow into my ten year old's hands...it's actually the fact that my eldest is TEN! That's really scary.

2 comments:

  1. So thats hwy you are going for another baby, just to get a summer birthday.
    We seem to have birthdays in general every other week, especially now we are in Canada, in fact it is so busy you end up getting your birthday moved and clumped together with at least one other usually child's birthday. I have said I am having none of this myself. I won't lose mine to anyone else.

    Just think Ethan is almost a man now and will soon be sitting with Nate for a couple of weeks in a tree looking for deer.

    ReplyDelete