Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, it's just embarassing...


We're back on for potty training Jack and it has already gone much better in these first four days then it did way back in the summer when I first gave it a try. For the most part, the pee is in the pot and not on the floor...although I'm not actually trying to count his infractions because it's probably fairly discouraging.

Yesterday, we had an energy efficiency audit done on our home. Very enlightening, I tell you. The man who came to do it was very friendly and tolerated the four kids in the house fairly well. The best part was near the end of the audit, when he (the audit man) and I were sitting at the kitchen table chatting about the results of our audit. He was sitting facing the living room where Jack was playing. As I was jotting something down, the man was chatting about windows and doors and all of a sudden, I see him trying to talk to me with a smile creeping up on his face. He continues talking but is trying to suppress a laugh. Then I hear Jack cry out, "Mommy!! Poo-Poo!"

I turn to look, and there's Jack. Peeing all over the floor. The audit man tries to continue his little speech, but by this time, the pee is spraying all over the living room floor. I politely pull my chair from the table and say, "Pardon me for a moment, please." (And start laughing my head off.) The man made no kind comment like "Oh, that's alright, we've been through potty training before." In fact when I returned to the table from cleaning up the mess, I took a peek and noticed there was no wedding ring on his hand...so he might not have had children of his own at all. No sympathy from him.

He left in a hurry as soon as he could.

Only a couple of hours later, there's a knock at the door. I'm was trying to make gravy and was irritated by the interruption. It was a person on behalf of a charity wanting money. However the background noise coming from inside the house was a little distracting as the man at the door was explaining the needs of the charity he represented. Kylie is screaming (and no exaggeration there at all!)
"Poop! Poop! Jack went POOP! MOM! MOM! POOP!!!!" This went on for what seemed like several minutes and I didn't hear a word the charity guy said. He left without a dime of my money and I turned to celebrate with the kids on the big event that had gone on moments before.

Seeing as Jack will "go potty" for the kids, I've offered them all money to train him. It'll be the best $30 I've ever spent.

Please, Lord, let him learn quickly.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for Jack!!

    Sounds like the $30 will be a good investment!!

    Please don't tell my kids ~ I think I might have ripped them off...they got an M&M whenever they helped McKinley.

    The sad part is they were thrilled...how lame is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father told me when my oldest child was born that, as a parent, you could never underestimate the power of bribery. True words, my friend, true words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was another one i had to read out loud to mark!! ok, so i'm not in potty training mode right now so i can LAUGH MY HEAD OFF AT YOU! haahaahaahaa!!!

    ReplyDelete