Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just a little poll...


If any of you have ever had to make up bunk beds (change the sheets etc), I just want you to know that you have my sympathy. This has got to be one of the worst jobs in the world. I can't stand it. And I can't decide which is worse, making the top bunk or the bottom bunk.

With the top bunk, you have to stand on the edge of the bottom mattress (or continually move a chair around the bed), jamming your stomach into the side, balancing precariously, while you bruise and batter your knuckles trying to jam the sheets in between the bed rails. But with the bottom bunk, you constantly bang the back of your head reaching across to spread out the sheets and blankets.

So which is worse?? We have two sets of bunk beds in our home. Can you figure out what I had to do today? I won't even come close to admitting how often (or not often) I change these dang beds because it is such a task of dread. What's wrong with a few dust mites and bunnies hanging around the house...it's gotta be good for the immune system or something.

6 comments:

  1. A little typo, you need to change the word "top" to bottom in your description of changing the bottom.
    NEver had a problem changing the bottom one but I agree the top is is quite annoying even for someone of my stature. depending on what kind of mattress you use, if it is a light foam type you can tip it on to it side then attatch the sheet lie it back down and attatch the other side. other than that it is quite a struggle and I usually ended up bending the mattress corners and letting it flick back into place which is not so great of an idea to be honest.

    Anyway I hope in your condtion you are not bending and pressing yourself against the top rails of the bed. I think its Nate's turn to make top bunks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are YOU making these lady??

    You have 2 boys that are big enough to take the reins in that department!

    I could hardly wait till my kids were big enough to make those pesky bunkbeds, cause you are right they are a huge pain!!

    I haven't made them in a few years. Time to pass the torch baby, especially with your newly growing belly.
    I can't even imagine you in a couple of months trying to wrestle with those sheets and beds...not sure you would have a chance at winning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a "top bunk only" arrangement in this house. (Thing 2's desk is underneath the bed.) You should see me change those sheets; I look like I've been in a bar brawl afterwards. After bonking my head on the ceiling a couple of times, barking my shins on the ladder and wrestling with the cat for the pillowcase, I usually need to open a bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i so agree with you i HATE bunkbeds..yes, i'm shouting, i HATE changing sheets on bunkbeds..it's got to be one of my least favorite jobs..thus i rarely do it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that people are willing to comment on the mundane tasks of life. That's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete