Wednesday, January 7, 2009

lazy and uninspired


Yep -- that's what I am. Christmas is over, the routine of life is back and I find myself sitting here thinking, "It's really only Wednesday??"

Nothing exciting has happened...well, almost nothing. Here's the short-list of fun and exciting activity around here:

1. My birthday is this week. I'll be 33.

2. I finally felt the baby kick this week. And my ultrasound is this week. Not sure if I'll find out what I'm having or not. I didn't find out with the first four and I'm thinking I should stick with tradition. But then I figure, this is the last time I'll be doing this so why not try something different. That includes the idea of going for an epidural this time. Why not be able to make a logical and objective comparison?

3. Jack is still doing bad things. He smeared Vicks Vapo-Rub all over his face (like, globs of it) this week and came out of his room saying, "Look, Mom. I have a beard." It takes a lot of washing to wipe that much Vicks off.

4. I took the kids skating for the first and last time this year. Although I'm only five months pregnant, it took a lot more energy than I bargained to bend over and do up five pairs of skates.

5. One of my new year's resolutions is to try and stay on top of the laundry. I don't mean sit on it. I mean keep the pile from being as tall as I am. So far so good. At least I'm winning on that one. Which means if I want to keep winning I should sign off and go switch it over to the dryer.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, Happy Birthday, fellow Capricorn!!
    Secondly, epidurals are, quite literally, a Godsend. The two most singularly blissful moments of my life were when those epidurals took hold.
    Thirdly, the laundry is much more manageable when you just treat underwear as if it is disposable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, 33 wow that is old remember to update your profile on here that states you are 32.

    2, You say this is the last time. Hopefully you'll be using something a bit better than the moon next time. All the rest of that stuff I have no comment but how sore can it be?

    3, At least Jacks airways shouldbe really clear now. plus you have read my blog Vicks is nothing.

    4, Surely you don't have to do up all 5 kids skates?

    5, what are the other resloutions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've gotta feel good in light of recent events that Vicks vaporub is Jack's medium of choice for smearing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, and I'm with loudshoes... its quite a wondrous thing to feel that epidural take effect. I've done the control group comparison on both gender awareness and epidurals and think it might be a good opportunity to have a look at the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy early birthday!! 33 is a great year..i can say that because i have (sadly) passed it. oh man, i can't believe you even tried skating..you are one of those super moms, the ones that i think "if i didn't love you i'd have to hate you"..
    oh you have to find out because I NEED TO KNOW! maybe you can just have the ultrasound tech right it down and mail it straight to me..that way you don't have to know but I CAN! :)
    and well...i decided to get an epidural with ezri..never had one, never wanted one..well...it DID NOT work..nothing..sigh. you needed to hear that, i'm sure. love ya, happy bday!
    ps my word verification is 'caticide'..is this some feline issue i've not yet heard of? how sad.

    ReplyDelete